This course focuses on the use of social media in disaster preparedness, response, and recovery. Social media has shown to help people communicate and collaborate about events as the events unfold. Social media can provide rapid and immediate real-time information about events that helps provide greater situational awareness leading to better decision making. Participants are provided with the knowledge and skills to integrate social media into their current communication plans. The course defines social media and its uses and identifies the tools, methods, and models to properly make use of social media in the context of disaster management and provides the information and hands-on experience necessary to help the participants’ social media disaster plans.
Course Modules include:
- Introduction to Social Media
- Understanding the Use of Social Media and Disaster Management
- Implementing Different Social Media Platforms for Disaster Management
- Facebook Hands-On
- Twitter Hands-On
- Crowdsourcing & Data Mining
1) Participants will be required to bring their own laptop or wi-fi enabled device to the training session for the hands-on exercises.
2) This course conducts a Pre-test, Post-test, and Course Evaluation online. If you do not have an online account prior to the class start date, you may not be able to participate in the class.