FEMA Pacific Area Office (PAO) seeks Emergency Management Specialist
Posted on July 13, 2016
EM Specialist position opening at FEMA Pacific Area Office
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
The ideal candidate should have demonstrated experience in the design, development, and implementation of emergency management exercises that involve federal, state, territory, and/or local governments in accordance with the Homeland Security Exercise & Evaluation Program (HSEEP); and have demonstrated experience organizing meetings and conferences and facilitating participation by federal, state, territory, tribal and local governments and volunteer organizations. This position starts at a salary of $86,260 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Region 9 Pacific Area Office team within FEMA.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as a Pacific Area Office Training & Exercise Specialist. Typical assignments include:
- Serving as a functional proponent of emergency preparedness, providing advice and guidance on regionalized planning and execution of emergency management services.
- Carrying out or coordinating emergency response and preparedness training course development, exercise design, conduct, evaluation, and other preparedness program deliveries for stakeholders. Executing preparedness program activities to ensure all stakeholders are engaged in efforts designed to reduce the frequency, severity, and cost of disasters, injuries, fatalities, and impact on critical infrastructure and the environment.
- Evaluating efficiency issues and major administrative aspects of substantive, mission-oriented programs.
- Assessing, inspecting, and evaluating emergency management processes, execution plans, and standard operating procedures for compliance with established emergency management directives, regulations, policies, laws, standards, and guidance.
- Performing technical writing functions, requiring substantial knowledge of the various areas of emergency management and of the specialized terminology required.
- For information or to apply to this position, click here.