You must login to access instructor features. If you have problems logging in or need assistance with your login credentials, please email email@example.com
// Guidelines for Instructors
NDPTC adheres to a few guiding principles for our instructor certification program:
- Instructors are representatives of the NDPTC and must always strive to conduct themselves in a professional manner with respect for themselves, course participants, Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and the community being served.
- We request resumes from all prospective instructors to review relevant work experience and subject matter expertise, as well as experience in adult training/education.
- NDPTC assures that instructors are familiar with the subject matter and NDPTC training material. This means we have prospective instructors successfully complete the training for courses they are interested in teaching.
- If we deem a prospective instructor is a good candidate for hire, we schedule a "Teachback". A teachback is the delivery of course materials from one or more modules to a target audience. The prospective instructor is then evaluated and either hired or scheduled for additional teachbacks.
- Overall, we try to determine how one fits in the classroom and with NDPTC itself. This means we observe prospective instructors in a training (teaching) environment and we make sure that he/she has undergone orientation and understands NDPTC instructor guidelines and principles as well as course logistics.
If you are interested in becoming an NDPTC instructor, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org